Monday 27 February 2012

Weary

12:47am Tuesday
28th February 2012

Today has been a particularly weary day. With 4 hours of sleep and out for the next 10 hours, it shouldnt come as a surprise. Part of me had already started feeling the creeping tendrils of emotion earlier. Wow.. It must mean I still have a heart! Cynical humour..

My body is going through the motions,
While my mind is forbidding my heart the emotions.
Where it once was,
It now is filled with remorse.

Those times, they will fade as memories will,
With new beginnings, everyday I'll fill.
It may never be the me that I once knew,
It may never be the dreams I once thought I'd fulfilled.

Still, the world turns and the flowers whilt,
And when they do, a seed will bloom.
Another of earth's beauty will be revealed.
In time, it will all come full circle.

Another long long long day tomorrow..

God, Give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change those I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace,
Taking, as He did, this sinful world,
As it is, not as I would have it,
Trusting that He will make all things right, If I surrender to His will,
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him,
Forever in the next. Amen
Reinhold Niebur



-Blabbed-

No comments:

Post a Comment