Saturday 25 February 2012

Can Life Begin Again At 30?


4:48am Saturday

25th February 2012



How did I come up with this topic? It has to do with the last 2 days of my week.



Yesterday, I dreamt that I woke up late for my futsal clinic. I made an excuse to myself and skipped the lesson. It was supposed to be 4pm in my dream. When I really awoke, it was 2:21pm. Part of me was surprised that I managed to wake up, barely in time. Another was already formulating an excuse (just like in my dream) to get more shut-eye. I didn't regret pulling myself out of bed after all. Yes, I was so tired. Yes, I was late. And yes, somehow I managed to make it in time for the group photo before the clinic actually started.



When the ball got rolling, literally, I found myself getting into the groove of the moment and thoroughly enjoyed the friendly matches. Any remnants of my sleepy haze were shooed away by my Kopitiam Kopi Kah-Tai. We had some pretty good goals; a fantastic first point from NL who shot one in the net from the centre of the court. Pretty awesome power!



I brought my camera thinking that if I was too tired to play, I could help snap some photos. Well, we had more than enough photographers. :) AH was snapping a photo when M ND shot a ball straight at her. It was pretty hilarious as the court was pretty big for M ND to have accidentally hit AH and the camera right in the face.



I got my chance to play with my camera when the matches ended. Some of the girls decided to continue playing so I got some shots that I'll edit and share.



As luck would have it, MS asked if I wanted to go to Timbre after the game. Of course! I was just thinking about it a couple of days ago! The band, Goodfellas, were simply... Awesome! They managed to play Party Rock Anthem and actually rapped. The bartender was shuffling on the bar top. How cool is that?? As the night wound to a close, the songs got slower and slower. My budding migraine failed to stop the fruitful day. J



This morning was another of those “Should I get up and go?” ones. Still, it has proven to be another enjoyable day. After going to DK’s, I went to meet HN for my haircut. Happy that I’ve gotten my mop trimmed and it doesn’t feel so thick now. If I could flip my hair, I would! LOL..



The interesting thing about tonight was a very very good meet-up with TSA and SLT. I gained some very fascinating insights and my self-reflection brought me to the title of this blog. Yes, that is what it’s about. Life Can Begin Again. I am glad for those hours that I’d spent today.



Companionship. It doesn’t mean you have to get married or settle down with someone to be able to feel it. I recently re-read an article which highlighted about finding a partner to walk with you through this journey. I am thankful for the company I have to walk with me through this time. I am glad to be able to share such moments; where my footprints will fade with the sands of time.



Thank You for opening my eyes and mind to the possibilities that are waiting to be explored.



-Blabbed-

No comments:

Post a Comment